OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Responsible for overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting, and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards. The Special Systems Project Manager responsibilities are focused on the implementation of fire alarm and security systems, covering all the areas of project management like – Estimating, Risk Identification, Project Planning & Scheduling, Cost Management, Time Management, Quality Management, Contract Administration, Communication and Safety Management.
- Providing an accurate estimate of costs and timing of the work, siting the risks and gray areas of the scope and working with the Leaders of the company on the appropriate bid to bring for the project
- Charting out the project objectives and plans, setting performance requirements, and selecting project participants
- Bringing about optimum utilization of resources- labor, materials and equipment, and ensuring their procurement at the most cost-effective terms
- Develop an implementation plan including man-loading schedules including key milestones
- Development of effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants
- Negotiate and Resolve Issues
- Draft and Manage Change Order process
- Manage Risks through documentation and proper communication
- Complete necessary Project Documentation
- Perform a Post Mortem
- Oversee the estimate, advise on the bidding and communicate the risks of taking on the project
- Perform a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Create the teams, develop the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Project accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project
- Ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule
- Devise the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises
- Communicate effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
- Co-ordinate the efforts of all parties involved in the project including company’s own resources, sub-contractors and partners on the project
- Monitor the progress of the construction activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams
- Maintain strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards.
- Weekly inspection of construction sites
- Manage the change order process, documenting the change and managing the acceptance by the general contractor and other Project Management
- Ensure project documents are complete
- Identify the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims. Manage the dispute resolution process with the General Contractor
- Serve as a key link with the clients and review the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client
- High School diploma required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience (both field and office experience preferred)
- Extensive understanding on how to install multiple systems, including but not limited to: Fire Alarm, Access Control, CCTV, Burglar, Emergency Paging, etc.
- Extensive understanding of how to use estimating and project management software (preferably Conest)
- NICET certification (level 2 or higher) preferred