OVERALL PURPOSE OF THE JOB
This position reports to the Audio/Video Project Executive and will be responsible for commissioning systems within the pre-fabrication facility and project sites. The Field Engineer will work with the Design Engineer and Project Manager to provide fully-functional and integrated audio-visual systems. The Field Engineer may provide end-user and client training.
The AV Field Engineer will maintain and keep up to date his/her knowledge of industry trends, products, facility design principles and applicable industry standard and codes. The AV Field Engineer will demonstrate proficiency in engineering details, along with excellent communication, organizational, and documentation skills in order to interact with client end user, IT, AV, facilities support staff and other project team members.
- Ability to work independently
- Interface with client personnel, assigned project staff, and technical staff in the commissioning process
- Responsible for IP configuration of all AV devices residing on the network
- Setting up audio systems, gain structure, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Testing and QC for rack fabrications.
- Testing and QC for commissioning checklists
- Software setup of audio DSP systems including: Biamp/Tesira, Clearone, Polycom, Cisco, LifeSize, etc.
- Final system EQ for audio systems and QC for automation systems.
- Responsible for communicating punch list items to the assigned project team
- Responsible for redlining CAD documents for as-builts
- Assist service coordinator with technical troubleshooting issues with field technicians
- Performs all other duties as required
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE AND/OR TRAINING
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5 years of experience with commissioning, testing, and configuring commercial audio/visual system solutions
- Minimum of at least one of the following: CTS, CTS-I, CTS-D, DMC-D, DMC-I
- Skilled in Audio DSP programming from multiple manufacturers
- Capable of loading Crestron and AMX and user interfaces
- Basic understanding of IP Networking
- Excellent customer-facing skills and strong communicator